Life’s Abundance is looking for products to enhance the lives of cats, dogs and their owners.
Deadline: Monday, December 13th, 2010 at 11:59PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Approximately 84 million U.S. households are home to cats or dogs…translating into a whole lotta’ love that pet parents give to their furry companions.
Life’s Abundance provides dedicated pet parents with safe and effective, veterinarian-formulated products that enhance the lives of pets at an exceptional value. Its product offering focuses on premium foods, nutritional supplements, treats and care products for cats and dogs.
With your help, Life’s Abundance hopes to expand into new pet territory and is seeking innovative, yet safe and wholesome toys and products that enhance the lives of cats or dogs and their owners.
Consider toys, products and accessories for cats and/or dogs that could:
• Improve pet health and wellness (e.g. help pets lose weight or get fit)
• Keep pets happy, occupied and entertained, whether indoors or outdoors
• Improve the human-animal bond by encouraging interaction
• Make city living with pets easier
• Make use of natural animal instincts
• Reduce separation anxiety when pets are left alone
• Make handling pet waste easier, more convenient, less messy or more efficient;also, products to aid in waste clean-up and odor control
• Make traveling or pet training easier, more convenient, less messy and more efficient
• Make it easier to introduce new dogs and cats into a multi-pet household
• Provide better solutions in terms of bedding, collars or clothing
• Make it easier, more convenient, less messy and more efficient to use the current Life’s Abundance products (food, supplements, treats, care products)
• Be consumable or disposable
Life’s Abundance is open to a wide variety of submissions, but please note that they are not interested in foods, nutritional supplements, treats and care products similar to those they already carry. To learn more about Life’s Abundance visit www.lifesabundance.com.
You would also be wise to note the following trends helping to shape the future of pet products:
• The “humanization of pets” – these days it is more common to consider companion animals real family members, upping the level of care pet parents are willing to provide;
• The rise of smart and interactive dog toys – according to the American Pet Product Association, six out 10 dog owners buy toys for their dogs, and more of them have discovered intelligence-based toys;
• Active interest in pet product quality – owners spend more time today reading toy product labels to understand how and where they were made;
• Concerns for product safety and eco-friendliness.
Submissions should align with Life Abundance’s commitment to wholesome, safe products that enhance the lives of pets and their human counterparts. Submissions should also have a perceived value at retail 5 times greater than the cost to manufacture.
Life’s Abundance prefers you to submit a working prototype of your submission, but it is not necessary. Visual representations (i.e., sketch or photo) are also helpful. While not required, we highly encourage you to submit video of yourself demonstrating a prototype and explaining the features and benefits of your submission. Please be as detailed as possible in telling us about your unique innovation.
Each idea costs just $25 ($20 for Edison Insider members) to submit and, as long as you maintain Insider membership, your idea may be submitted to as many searches as you would like at no additional cost. Click here for more details on Live Product Search.
To learn more about Life’s Abundance, visit www.lifesabundance.com.
Submit your idea here!