It’s no secret that our in-house engineering team plays a huge role in what we do. This month, take a little time to get to know Heyward Moore, one of our Enventys/Edison Nation engineering staff members.
Q1. What is your position and what does it entail?
- A. I am a project engineer; I help bring the idea from concept on paper to a manufacturable product.
Q2. What is your favorite product you’ve worked on at Edison Nation/Enventys?
- A. Wine Shark because it was a mix of mechanical and electrical systems.
Q3. If you could be doing anything else right this moment, what would it be?
- A. Learning to fly if the weather is nice. If not, driving my rock crawler Toyota pickup.
Q4. What’s your hidden talent?
- A. I can touch my tongue to my noise.
Q5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A. Started out as an astronaut, but then changed to mechanical engineer. I guess I could still do the astronaut thing.
Q6. If you could experience someone else’s life for just one day, who would it be?
- A. I’m going to go outside the box on this question. What I would like do is to spend 1 hour of my day in a given age of my grandfather’s life, for example, my grandfather lived to be 93, so divide his age by 24, and you get 3.875. So I would spend my first hour as him at the age of 3.875 years old, then the next hour would be 7.75 years old, and so on for 24 hours. The reason for this crazy idea is, during his life time he saw many first and world-changing events that I have always wanted to experience.
Q7. Who are you often told is your doppelganger?
- A. Patrick Bailey, he is another EN project engineer in the office next to mine.
Q8. You’re only allowed to eat one food for the rest of your life. What would it be?
- A. Rare Steak
Q9. What’s a goal you’re most proud of accomplishing?
- A. First place at Odyssey of the Mind world competition
Q10. What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime and why?
- A. Facebook… 1 billion users in less than 10 years. I know there are much greater inventions out there that save lives and make the world a better place, but Facebook has changed the way the world communicates and interacts with each other.
Want to meet other members of our staff? Catch up on past Meet the EN Team posts!