As our DRTV-focused unit, the Edison Nation ASOTV team relies heavily on its talented videographers. Meet one of those team members (and a proud new dad!), Matthew Bowden.
Q1. What is your position and what does it entail?
- A. I am a Videographer/Editor here at EN. I am responsible for the filming and all post production services of our DRTV commercials along with other in-house videos.
Q2. What do you enjoy most about working at Edison Nation?
- A. You mean besides the unlimited amounts of free ice cream? I would have to say that the thing I enjoy most about my position here at EN is that I get to work on something new almost every day. As a creative nerd I couldn’t imagine anything worse than having to do the same thing over and over all day every day.
Q3. If you could be doing anything else right this moment, what would it be?
- A. Hanging out with my wife and my new little son. Also…on a related note…maybe taking a nap?
Q4. What’s your hidden talent?
- A. Hmmm. My hidden talents are hidden for a reason. But if I HAVE to divulge one it would have to be baking. I’ve been told my cheesecakes rival Juniors’.
Q5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A. I wanted to be a famous movie director. I spent most of my summers at the movies idolizing directors like Lucas and Spielberg.
Q6. If you could experience someone else’s life for just one day, who would it be?
- A. Man this is a tough one. I like being me. If I had to choose someone I guess it would be Willy Wonka. Oh, to have a factory filled with candy!
Q7. Who are you often told is your doppelganger?
- A. I can’t say that I’ve ever actually been told I look like someone. So for the sake of the question, I’ll tell you who I think my doppelganger is. Channing Tatum… nailed it!
Q8. You’re only allowed to eat one food for the rest of your life. What would you choose?
- A. This might seem weird but a Chicken Caesar Salad. Ugh, now I want one, be right back…
Q9. What’s a goal you’re most proud of accomplishing?
- A. Professionally, I would have to say being nominated for and winning an Emmy. For me it was validation that this is what I am meant to do.
Q10. What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime and why?
- A. I would have to say the internet. I remember having to search through the old smelly encyclopedias when I was in school. Not anymore! Google it.
Want to meet other members of our staff? Catch up on past Meet the EN Team posts!